Anthony’s practice focuses on class actions, construction law, civil and commercial litigation and product liability law. He has also developed expertise in arbitrations and regulatory matters.
Anthony represents a wide range of multinational corporate clients in a variety of conflicts, and provides legal advice to prevent, manage and settle disputes. He has acted before various Québec courts, administrative tribunals and the Canadian Federal Court. Anthony has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in Canada since 2020 in Class Action Litigation, Construction Law and Product Liability Law. He has been a member of the Québec Bar since 2010.
- Successful dismissal of two consumer class actions on the merits instituted against TD Auto Finance Services and Ford Credit Canada concerning 30,443 and 23,923 finance customers in Québec representing total claims in the amount of $23.4 million and $20 million respectively made under the Québec Consumer Protection Act (Bourdages c. Services de financement Auto TD inc., 2019 QCCS 4719; Bourgeois c. Crédit Ford du Canada ltée, 2019 QCCS 4720; and confirmed on appeal Bourgeois c. Crédit Ford du Canada limitée, 2021 QCCA 962).
- Boralex Inc.: Successfully defeated an action by O’Leary Funds seeking damages on the acquisition of the Boralex Power Income Fund’s trust units, in connection with the CA$226.5 million acquisition of the Fund by Boralex Inc (O’Leary Funds Management c. Boralex inc., 2018 QCCS 842; confirmed by the Court of Appeal of Québec, 2019 QCCA 84; and application for leave to appeal dismissed by the Supreme Court of Canada, 2019 CanLII 64831 (SCC)).
- Mercedes-Benz Canada, Inc. and Daimler AG: Successful dismissal of a product liability class certification application (Nadeau v Mercedes-Benz Canada, Inc. and Daimler AG, 2016 QCCS 7; confirmed in appeal 2017 QCCA 470; and application for leave to appeal dismissed, 2017 CanLII 61793 (SCC)).
- Whirlpool: Acting before the Québec Superior Court in the contestation of a class action concerning front-loading washers (Gaudette v. Whirlpool Canada, 2017 QCCS 4193; Whirlpool Canada v. Gaudette, 2017 QCCA 1677; and application for leave to appeal dismissed by the Supreme Court of Canada, 2019 CanLII 73200 (SCC)).
- D&O’s of Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Corporation and various Rail World entities: Successful defense and settlement of the Lac-Mégantic wrongful death class certification application and proceedings under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act, RSC 1985, c C-36.
- Advising specialized contractors in disputes regarding cost overruns and delays on privately funded and public construction projects.
- Advising developers/owners or contractors in preventing, managing, defending and settling claims in the context of civil works and industrial or commercial/institutional construction projects.
- Advising in disputes concerning large public infrastructure projects or PPP in Québec submitted to arbitration and to other alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Representing major manufacturers and distributors in the automotive industry in product liability and warranty cases concerning their vehicles.
- Representing Québec insurance brokers in the context of professional liability claims.
- Advising in product/manufacturer’s liability matters and in class actions alleging false advertising and breach of contract under the Québec Consumer Protection Act.
- Advising clients on resolution of disputes related to international distribution or representation agreements with local dealers or distributors.